The following information is from the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE) website here: https://www.alabamaachieves.org/teacher-center/teacher-certification/
Applicants may verify whether their Alabama State Bureau of Investigation (ASBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal history background checks have been completed and whether they are suitable and fit to teach under state law through the Teacher Certification Portal:
Applicants for initial certification, additional certification, and certificate renewal who the ASBI and FBI have not cleared through the Educator Certification Section of the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE) must be fingerprinted for a criminal history background check through the ASBI and FBI.
Fieldprint is the authorized contractor and will facilitate scheduling, payment, and fingerprint collection on behalf of the ALSDE.
Applicants (both in and out of state) requiring a criminal history background check are to register for a background check by visiting the AIM Portal: https://aim.alsde.edu/
Applicants will be required to create an AIM account prior to registering for fingerprint submission. Once the AIM account is established, applicants can move forward with registration, payment, and appointment scheduling.
- You will be provided with the location of the authorized fingerprint sites nearest you during registration.
- Applicants (both in and out of state) who are unable to visit a designated fingerprint location can request fingerprint cards during the scheduling process with Fieldprint.
- Once fingerprint cards are received, the applicant must contact a local law enforcement agency to be fingerprinted on the cards. After being fingerprinted, the applicant must send one completed fingerprint card made payable to Fieldprint, Inc. based on their instructions.
- The applicant should keep the second completed fingerprint card in case a reprint notice is received.
- Applicants living in a country other than the United States should wait until present in the United States to complete the fingerprint process.
- For additional information related to our criminal history background check process, please contact the ALSDE Background Review Section at (334) 694-4557.
- Please allow five business days upon receipt of your criminal results at the ALSDE before making an inquiry.