Preparing Your Move from Pike Road Schools

While we are sad to see you go, we know frequent moves are part of military family life. For information on educational records requests and transfers, please see the information below:

  • PRS maintains student records in compliance with laws in the Commonwealth of Alabama and the federal government. The withdrawal of students from school falls under these compliance laws and policies within PRS.
  • Once requested, PRS will make every effort to furnish to the parent a complete set of unofficial educational records within a reasonable time frame but will satisfy the request within ten working days.
  • Upon receipt of the unofficial education records by a school in the receiving state, the school shall enroll and appropriately place the student based on the information provided in the unofficial records pending validation by the official records, as quickly as possible.
  • When military orders require a family to move before the end of the school year, they are expected to enroll in the receiving school if that school is in session. However, if a family is transferring to a school where school is no longer in session, it is recommended the family work with their current PRS school to make arrangements for completing coursework, end-of-course exams, and receiving final grades.

For more information, please contact one of our Registrars using the links on this page.

Contact Us